Arrrrh! Ya knows that guy and thats girl who made ye prom court that didn’t have no business bein’ dar? Yet, everyone got behind ‘em and erupted when they were announced. Half the crowd was cheerin’ in sorta a mockin’ ways while da utter half be sincere in they celebration. That’s how I see International Talk Like a Pirate Day. It be the misfit couple on prom court of holidays…
For those of you who just think I’m swashbucklin ya, here’s a little more info about her. It’s legit all right. It began in 1995 on a racquetball court na less, and has quickly gained notoriety via the world’s biggest gossip queen, the internets.
Of course, the mateys didn’t just stop at merely talkin’ likes a pirate. Oh no. I compiled a collection of all sorts of links for all your pirate cravin’ needs:
- You might ask yourself, who was the Bill Gates of pirates? Well, Samuel “Black Sam” Bellamy of course. He grossed an estimated $120 million durin’ his run, however, depletion of his gold and silver due to rum and wenches was not assessed. Here be the complete Forbes list of pirates.
- Now that I’ve gotten ya interested, here is a pirate encyclopedia for all of your pirate information needs.
- Wanna be a pirate yet? Well ya can’t be a pirate without a proper pirate name, now can ye? Here is the pirate name generator tool to do just that.
- Now time for some pirate singin…here’s a funny video of the pirates who don’t do anything.
- And did the pirates really say “Arrrrh!” and “Matey!” all the time? Did they make people walk the plank? Find da truths behind 9 famous pirate myths.
- And what kind of internet spread holiday would be complete without hot babes? Here be da hottest pirate babes to ever grace the seven seas.
Arrrrh…me’s about pirated out. I’ll leave ya with the official website so the internets can do its thing and keep the holiday spirit carryin on through the years. But avast…me’s out.